[ltp] Hotswap driver (supports DMA, etc etc)

Eric Jorgensen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:51:49 -0700

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:46:01 -0500
"Alex Deucher" <alexdeucher@gmail.com> wrote:

> Have you looked into PCI bus enumeration?  the big docks have a PCI
> bus on them which at the moment only works if you boot up docked.

   I don't remember clearly, but iirc the ultrabase includes at least an
ide controller. If that's the only pci device in it, there wouldn't be a
reason to include a pci-pci bridge afaik. Again, I'll be able to check this
in a few hours - if i can figure out where i put it.

   It's only worthwhile to be able to double the size and weight of my X21
if i can do it whenever i feel like it, you know? It's around the apartment
somewhere.