[ltp] DMA hotswap 0.2.0

paparoot linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 03:05:22 +0100

Hi !
i'm back, with a new fresh_and_compiled kernel ;) .  I've got a T22 too, all
things happened right :

Laptop ultrabay hotswap driver version 0.1.6
-19 -1
0 -1
0 -1
0

So, i actionned the mecanism to prepare to an ultrabay eject, *click*, wait a
few, and remove my cdrw from his place ;) .

*magic* NO KERNEL PANIC AT ALL \o/
hey boy, last night a dj saved my life, but tonight was your turn !
I finally reinsert the cdrw drive into the ultrabay port, wait a few,
actionned the mecanism, *click*
harddisk LED is blinking ... I thinked lt_hotswap's driver was doing his work,
i check for my dmesg output ... AND NOW LADIES AND GENTLEMEN ...

Probing IDE interface ide1...
hdc: UJDA745 DVD/CDRW, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
ide1 at 0x170-0x177,0x376 on irq 15
hdc: ATAPI 24X DVD-ROM CD-R/RW drive, 2048kB Cache

\o/ WOOOOHOOOO \o/

i eject this drive again, load my floppy driver into kernel, and put my floppy
disk into ultrabay ...

Floppy drive(s): fd0 is 1.44M
FDC 0 is a National Semiconductor PC87306

Right, you did a good work ;) .

Nota : /dev was populated correctly by udev daemon, so i got a /dev/floppy/0
device . all is ok :) .

THANKS !

paparoot