[ltp] More problems with T42p, ACPI and hibernation

David A. Desrosiers linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 11:33:58 -0500 (EST)

 	Since Ubuntu decided to ship non-working scripts with their
acpi-support and acpi packages, I'm about to take on the task of
writing my event handlers from scratch for bluetooth, suspend to
ram/disk, and so on.

 	I just tried the latest hibernate script from suspend2.net
with my 2.6.13 kernel (later kernels do not work on the T42p, if I
want madwifi and ibm_acpi to be functional).

 	The hibernate script appeared to try to suspend to disk, but
did a silent shut down the computer instead. When I booted back up, it
was a completely clean boot, including launching me back into gdm
again without saving any state information. My kernel line
specifically points to my swap partition for suspending, so I know
that part is correct.

 	Can someone point me to an actual resource where _working_
acpi event handlers can be found for Thinkpads? ThinkWiki doesn't seem
to have much on this set of configuration components, and Google
returned a lot of people hacking around with Gentoo/acpi scripts, but
nothing specific to Debian or my T42 laptop at all.

 	I'd rather not have to do this from scratch, if there's
already canned scripts out there that does it for me. Thanks.

David A. Desrosiers
desrod@gnu-designs.com
http://gnu-designs.com