[ltp] DMA hotswap 0.2.0

Jim Duchek linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:56:48 -0600

------=_Part_14182_14961832.1140641808307

No idea.  It's pretty much a kludge, but about the only way to do it.  To d=
it properly I'd require changes to a few pieces of the ACPI and the IDE
drivers.

I probably will sit down, at some point, and do a proper kernel patch that
has a good chance of being accepted, but this module is easy enough for
people to try that I can learn exactly what needs to happen on various
systems.

Jim

On 22/02/06, Michael Gaber <Michael.Gaber@gmx.net> wrote:

> is there a change to get this merged into ibm-acpi or (@gentoo-devs to
> get a ebuild for this) ?
>
> honey wrote:
> > On Tue, 21 Feb 2006, Jim Duchek wrote:
> >
> >> http://churchofjim.org/sources/lt_hotswap-0.2.0.tar.gz
> >
> > Brilliant!  Success story here on a T40 with auto_eject=3D1 swapping
> > a DVD drive for a hard disk in Ultrabay Slim caddy and back and
> > keeping DMA.  This is great, thanks Jim - been wanting to keep DMA
> > without rebooting ever since I got my Thinkpad.
> >
> > Honey

------=_Part_14182_14961832.1140641808307

No idea.&nbsp; It's pretty much a kludge, but about the only way to do it.&=
nbsp; To do it properly I'd require changes to a few pieces of the ACPI and=
 the IDE drivers.&nbsp; <br><br>I probably will sit down, at some point, an=
d do a proper kernel patch that has a good chance of being accepted, but th=
is module is easy enough for people to try that I can learn exactly what ne=
eds to happen on various systems.
ss=3D"gmail_sendername">Michael Gaber</b> &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:Michael.Gab=
er@gmx.net">Michael.Gaber@gmx.net</a>&gt; wrote:</span><blockquote class=3D=
"gmail_quote" style=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0=
pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">
is there a change to get this merged into ibm-acpi or (@gentoo-devs to<br>g=
m Duchek wrote:<br>&gt;<br>&gt;&gt; <a href=3D"http://churchofjim.org/sourc=
es/lt_hotswap-0.2.0.tar.gz">
Brilliant!&nbsp;&nbsp;Success story here on a T40 with auto_eject=3D1 swapp=
ing<br>&gt; a DVD drive for a hard disk in Ultrabay Slim caddy and back and=
o keep DMA

------=_Part_14182_14961832.1140641808307--