[ltp] driver fglrx on Thinkpad T41 with Ati 7500

Konstantin Filtschew linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 23 Feb 2006 08:53:05 +0100

--=-j/2gjph1RIJMH/Qxre/N

hi,

you have to remove this line first:

Option "UseInternalAGPGART" "no"

With this line in, AGP of the Kernel is disabled.

Please send me the whole log file of a start with "ati" driver inside.

/var/log/Xorg.0.log

These modules must be loaded to get 3D Acceleration
intel_agp
drm
radeon

The Log file must be complete. You have to tell us, the kernel version
and the Xorg Version. This is not a Ubuntu Mailing list, so the most of
us don't know about the specific distribution and software version used
in(I work with debian and gentoo).

Greetz

Konstantin

On Wed, 2006-02-22 at 22:41 +0100, Guillermo Latorre wrote:
> On mi=E9, 2006-02-22 at 21:25 +0100, Konstantin Filtschew wrote:
> > Hi,
> >=20
> >=20
> > The Radeon Chip 7500 is not supported by fglrx. I have the same
> > problem :(
> >=20
> > You have to use the open source driver: ati, radeon (both are the same
> > driver)
> >=20
> >=20
> > Greetz
> >=20
> > Konstantin
> >=20
>=20
> Oh,=20
> thanks, Konstantin.=20
>=20
> And what about 3D acceleration? I had 3D acceleration when I was in
> Breezy and now I don't, after my upgrade to Dapper.
>=20
>=20
> Thanks,=20
>=20
> Guille
>=20
--=20
Building an operation system without source code,
is like buying a  self assemble space shuttle without
instructions.

--=-j/2gjph1RIJMH/Qxre/N

--=-j/2gjph1RIJMH/Qxre/N--