[ltp] Logitech DiNovo bluetooth keyboard

Michael Reilly linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 27 Feb 2006 15:30:47 -0700

I have been using the Logitech bluetooth DiNovo keyboard and mouse with my
laptop for several months via the included bluetooth hub.  My new laptop (T43p)
has bluetooth built-in so I am trying to use the keyboard and mouse without
having to drag the hub with me everywhere I go.

The mouse pairs easily - the pairing PIN is the default of 0000 so once I enter
that it works.  However the keyboard doesn't seem to have a default pairing PIN
- at least not one I can guess.

Anyone know the factory set pairing PIN for the DiNovo keyboard?  Is there a way
to obtain the pairing PIN for the keyboard when it is connecting so I can enter
that PIN on the laptop?

If it matters I have tried using KDE's bluetooth tools and the bluetooth-tools
(hcitool, hciconfig) but can't figure out a way to determine the PIN the
keyboard is sending nor a a way to set the keyboard's pairing PIN to a specific
value.

Thanks,

michael
--