[ltp] Re: Problem with freezing, flashing caps lock light

Mon, 27 Feb 2006 23:10:00 +0000

John Sullivan wrote:

> I remove the card before hitting FN-F4. Sometimes quite a while before. I just
> pull the card out. Is it better to use cardctl?

Argh! That's going to hurt. You wouldn't just pull out a mounted USB
stick, would you?!   Cardctl is the way to go...

> I've tested a few more times since posting, and it seems like stopping the
> bluetooth services (so that hciconfig shows no interfaces) before removing the
> card prevents the panic.

That is essentially the same process as cardctl eject: you are unloading
the modules and the kernel is "closing" connections to the device.

Richard

--
rn214@hermes.cam.ac.uk  **  http://www.richardneill.org
Richard Neill, Trinity College, Cambridge, CB21TQ, U.K.