[ltp] Setting Samba up on SuSE 10.0

SOTL linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 17:51:10 -0500

Hi All

I am attempting to set Samba up on a SuSE 10.0 system.

I have SuSE Linux 10 Bible, SuSE installed and I have managed to setup Samba
up on a SuSE 10 system I have in another box but I am unclear as to exactly
how I did it as I played with the box numerous times over a period of days.

SuSE 10 has icons for setting up both a server and a client.

The SuSE 10 books describes setting up both a server and a client.

What I am unclear on is if one wants to transfer files to and from an existing
Windows network does one set up BOTH the server and client or just one or the
other.

Thanks
SOTL