[ltp] Fwd: Working 3D acceleration on IBM ThinkPad T23 ;-)

Martin Steigerwald linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 1 Jan 2006 17:11:50 +0100

Am Sonntag 01 Januar 2006 05:42 schrieb Nate Bargmann:
> Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Hello Nate,

you are welcome. I am just the messenger ;-).

> I did have a small glitch on the T23.  After moving the savage_dri.so
> module into place and restarting X, glxgears immediately segfaulted as
> did glxinfo.  the Xorg log file showed no loading errors, so I rebooted
> and the problem went away.

Yes, I had this too, but didn't know whether this would be reproducable.

And then after I rebooted I had lots of other crashes and weird behavior,
cause I initially thought that I only have to install X.org and that the
savage DRI driver would be included with that. But instead of this I had
an older savage DRI driver floating around which caused all the crashes
and weird behaviour. I deleted the old one and copied the one from the
latest snapshot and finally got working 3D acceleration.

> For each machine I simply created the dri directory in the X modules
> directory and copied the *_dri.so file over from the downloaded
> archive.  Easy as that.

Neat! Isn't it? ;-)

Regards,