[ltp] Fingerprint Reader

Alejandro Bonilla Beeche linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 01 Jan 2006 20:56:01 -0600

Arnaud Fontaine wrote:

>    Alejandro> Hi, Can someone actually make things easier and just
>    Alejandro> create a simple .deb that contains the bioapi, UPEK
>    Alejandro> driver and patched pam_bioapi? A simple and straight deb
>    Alejandro> package that is for people that have a fingerprint
>    Alejandro> reader? ;-)
>
>Hello,
>
>I have filled two ITP (Intend  To Package), one for bioapi and the other
>one for pam-bioapi. I think it  will be ready in the next weeks. However
>the  UPEK driver  is non-free  so we  won't package  it for  Debian, but
>hopefully this driver is really easy to install.

I installed that and now it starting to work ;-)

Still, we need someone from Debian that knows what is doing (not me) to
add support to the cool script that ahh, Shem wrote.

Module Directory Services (MDS) ...
MDS installed successfully.
bioapi100...
Module installed successfully.
bioapi_dummy100...
Module installed successfully.
pwbsp...
Module installed successfully.
Done.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/root/bioapi-1.2.2'
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `install-data-am'.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/root/bioapi-1.2.2'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/root/bioapi-1.2.2'
++ install -m644 include/bioapi_util.h /opt/bioapi/include/bioapi_util.h
++ install -m644 include/installdefs.h /opt/bioapi/include/installdefs.h
++ install -m644 imports/cdsa/v2_0/inc/cssmtype.h
/opt/bioapi/include/cssmtype.h
++ chmod o-w /opt/bioapi/var/bioapi
++ popd
~