[ltp] Linux for old Thinkpads: Slackware? Vector? (etc.)

Jim Harvey linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 04 Jan 2006 09:04:39 -0600

Alex Wenzel wrote:

> Oops, I missed that point in your former post: what was the problem
> with  your fan and how did you solve it? Since I also run Vector (4.3
> now, with  fan seemingly working, and thinking about upgrading to 5.1)
> on my 600E,I'd  like to know.

I wrote about it in the Vector Support Forum "Portable VL".  I think the
problem  is the 770 was built when ACPI was not firmed up and has a few
quirks.  You should be OK with the 600.  May need the latest ibm-acpi
from sourceforge.