[ltp] Setting up the trackpoint

Torsten Wolf linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 13:08:56 +0100

On Mi, 04 Jan 2006, Noah Dain wrote:

>and then re-inserting it.  I'd speculate a shortcoming of the current
>design of kernel-udev communication, or maybe just in the trackpoint
>code itself.  It seems when removing the module, udev is not notified
>and therefore leaves device node(s) in the vfs (ie: /dev/input/eventX
>or /dev/input/mouseX).  For each iteration of removal and insertion,
>another devnode is created, the lattermost being the only one with
>works.

I have another bit of information. During bootput there is the
following notification:

  udevd-event[13150]: wait_for_sysfs: waiting for \
  '/sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio0/serio4/bus' failed

This message was captured while resuming; during a fresh boot it is
serio2.

After a fresh boot (no resume), it is serio2. Another hint of a
driver/udev issue? However, I'll remove the psmouse module and put in
into the kernel soon.

Regards,
Torsten