[ltp] ata: Abnormal status 0x80 on port 0x1F7 after suspend to ram on X41

Björn Beckmann linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 5 Jan 2006 15:30:05 +0100

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 12:47:56PM +0100, Michal Gajda wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I cannot get suspend-to-ram to resume even once. I tried Ubuntu
> kernel
> 2.6.12 as well as kernels 2.6.14 with or without suspend patch from
> wiki and libata-passthrough.
>
> The LCD doesn't switch on without the patch, but with the patch X41
> hangs after printing the message:
>
> ata: abnormal state 0x80 on port 0x1F7

Hello!

I used to have the same problem and the following posting helped me
solving the it

http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/11/15/385

In fact, I changed the source for libata.h according to A. Mortons
advice...

Btw, I have also installed the passthrough-patches, etc.

Hth,
 Bjoern