[ltp] Re: Fwd: Working 3D acceleration on IBM ThinkPad T23 ;-)

Eric Van Buggenhaut linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 01:04:56 +0100

On Thu, Jan 05, 2006 at 09:12:23AM -0500, Alex Deucher wrote:

> > > Let me add that as of today, Jan 2, 2006, that installing the
> > > libgl1-mesa-dri package will remove the xlibmesa-gl package, but won't
> > > break Xorg like a couple of days ago.  The savage_dri.so file is
> > > provided by libgl1-mesa-dri and performance is unchanged from the
> > > manual installation method on my T23.
> > >
> > > Painless 3D on the T23!
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > does anyone know the reason for those different DRI driver packages and
> > the reason, why savage is not included in xlibmesa-dri?
> >

> Until xorg 6.9/7.0 the savage driver was not dri enabled.  Also prior
> to xorg 7.0, mesa was included as port of the xorg ball of packages.
> with the new modular Xorg, mesa is supplied directly by the upstream
> source.  The change in packages must be your distro's way of handing
> that I suspect.

Thanks for the details. Do you know what I have to do after installing
libgl1-mesa-dri to have X using the r300_dri.so module ?

--
"Un disco para gobernarlos a todos.
 Un disco para encontrarlos y atarlos en las tinieblas.

Eric VAN BUGGENHAUT
eric@sindominio.net