[ltp] Problem with X (Radeon 7500)

Fri, 6 Jan 2006 15:45:24 -0500

On 1/6/06, Florian Dorpmueller <dorpmueller@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > My workaround is to comment out DynamicClocks and start X,
> > then kill it, then enable dynamic clocks and start X again.
> > This way it starts and works without a glitch.
> >

> Uuuuh, thats annoying, isn=B4t it? But for me is sounds that there is a
> initialisation problem with DynamicClocks.

there were some problems with dynamic clocks in the version of xorg
6.8.x radeon driver, which I later fixed.  that's why I asked if you
have tried cvs/6.9/7.0.  I suspect this may actually be related to the
the setup of the memory controller that benh has been trying to fix:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2005-December/011679.html

Alex