[ltp] Xorg 6.9.0 freezes on a T41p after a Debian update (unstable)

Carlos Moffat linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 06 Jan 2006 17:59:28 -0500

--=-U67B6a28XXeSlpOzm3Xf

Hi,

On Fri, 2006-01-06 at 23:14 +0100, Torsten Wolf wrote:
> On Fr, 06 Jan 2006, Carlos wrote:
>=20
> >No, that I'm aware of. I'm using the vesa driver instead of radeon, as
> >the proprietary ATI driver is not an option right now in unstable
> >(fglrx-driver does not install with Xorg 6.9). I'm not sure if the vesa
>=20
> It _does_ install with Xorg 6.9. At least I'm using it here on Debian
> unstable with latest Xorg. However, I had to recompile the fglrx modules
> because the old module for 6.8 would not work correctly. I'm not using
> the fglrx-kernel-src package as the debian packages never built
> correctly here. So I ran the ati-installer, patched firegl_public.c
> (needed for recent kernels), recompiled and (nearly) everything works
> like a charm.
>=20
> Regards,
> Torsten

I meant the Debian-packaged version (fglrx-driver), that currently won't
install.=20

Cheers,
Carlos

--=-U67B6a28XXeSlpOzm3Xf