[ltp] T60 Preview (No!!!! Not Windows Buttons!!! Take Them Away!!!!)

Michelle Klein-Hass linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 6 Jan 2006 18:39:45 -0800

On Friday 06 January 2006 06:30 pm, Aaron Mulder wrote:
> http://www.anandtech.com/mobile/showdoc.aspx?i=2663&p=15
>
> On the up side, they use the fastest dual-core chip and the battery
> life is still outstanding.  On the down side, they dropped the
> parallel port and *still* couldn't find the real estate for a DVI
> connector, and, well, see the subject line.  :)

Oh I don't know...I wouldn't refuse it if someone offered it to me for free.

However, the Z-series with its awesome widescreen format is really pretty hot
and tempting. I actually played around with one at CompUSA and it strikes me
as being in the grand tradition of ThinkPads from Big Blue. The early reports
of fragility were wrong...it seems very solid to me.

Could Lenovo be actually up to the challenge? Maybe.
--
Michelle Klein-Hass
Box 2273, Van Nuys, CA 91404-2273