[ltp] Re: T60 Preview (No!!!! Not Windows Buttons!!! Take Them Away!!!!)

Kris Steenhaut linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 07 Jan 2006 18:32:13 +0100

Kilian CAVALOTTI schreef:

>On Saturday 07 January 2006 17:45, Shannon L. McMackin wrote:
>

>>There was a 5yr commitment by Lenovo to maintain the ThinkPad name.
>>

>There is a commitment to maintain the range name (ThinkPad), ok, but not to
>maintain the old manufacturer name (IBM), is it?

Not really. There was a commitment from IBM entitling  Lenovo to hold
the logo for 5 years. In other words, it's just a part of the deal,
nothing more, nothing less.

What will happen when the 5 years will be passed is easy a guess. See my

Groeten uit Gent,

   Kris