[ltp] t22 battery problems??

David Smith linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 16:56:39 -0600 (CST)

Ok so a while back I posted about problems with my thinkpad and batteries.

I'm running Windows XP. (yes i know its a linux list ;P)

I did a full battery cycle with a universal charger and the original ibm
battery comes back to about 37 of the "NEW" battery 43 watt hours
capacity.

Actually I did a complete discharge and my universal charger/conditioner
indicated almost 4 amp hours of depleted capacity.
I then let it charge somewhat. Windows reported the 37 wah capacity and I
let it charge the battery to 100%.

I unplugged the laptop, and within a minute it goes from 100 to 0%. What
gives?
I bought an aftermarket replacement and it doesnt charge right either.

I seemed to get longer life under linux although I'm not sure if thats due
to usage differences.

Anyone help? :)
-- dave