[ltp] T22 ACPI Problems

Daniel Maier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 12:29:56 +0100

On Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 09:57:13PM -0600, Nate Bargmann wrote:

> Could it be a buggy BIOS?  Is your T22 updated to the latest version?
> Last week I ran across a page where someone described a lot of errors
> with an older BIOS on the T23 which cleared after updating his.  Since
> I was getting ready to play with ACPI I updated my T23 as well and it
> has worked very well.

No, it is not. With the latest version, my battery is not working,
so I am using the second latest version.

I just did a modprobe ibm_acpi experimental=1 and the volume keys
stopped working, so that might be it.

Jan  8 12:25:09 mian kernel: acpi_bus-0073 [363104] bus_get_device
: No context for object [cfda3888]

Daniel.