[ltp] t42 and dual-head/mergedfb

Sebastian von Swiontek-Brzezinski linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 08 Jan 2006 23:09:08 +0100

--------------080107030004060501020709

It's no problem Alex, here are my options:

Section "ServerLayout"
   Identifier   "Layout[all]"
   InputDevice  "Keyboard[0]" "CoreKeyboard"
   InputDevice  "Mouse[1]" "CorePointer"
   # Option       "Clone" "on"
   Option       "Xinerama" "on"
   Screen       0 "Screen[0]" 0 0
   Screen       1 "Screen[1]" RightOf "Screen[0]"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
   DefaultDepth 24
   SubSection "Display"
     Depth      24
     Modes      "1024x768"
   EndSubSection
   Device       "Device[0]"
   Identifier   "Screen[0]"
   Monitor      "Monitor[0]"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
   DefaultDepth 24
   SubSection "Display"
     Depth      24
     Modes      "1280x1024"
   EndSubSection
   Device       "Device[1]"
   Identifier   "Screen[1]"
   Monitor      "Monitor[1]"
EndSection

Section "Device"
   BoardName    "Radeon LW 1"
   BusID        "1:0:0"
   Driver       "radeon"
   Identifier   "Device[0]"
   Screen       0
   VendorName   "ATI"
   Option       "DynamicClocks"
   Option       "MonitorLayout" "LVDS, CRT"
EndSection

Section "Device"
   BoardName    "Radeon LW 2"
   BusID        "1:0:0"
   Driver       "radeon"
   Identifier   "Device[1]"
   Screen       1
   VendorName   "ATI"
   Option       "DynamicClocks"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
   DisplaySize  300 230
   HorizSync    31-68
   Identifier   "Monitor[0]"
   ModelName    "1024X768@75HZ"
   VendorName   "--> LCD"
   VertRefresh  50-85
   UseModes     "Modes[0]"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
   DisplaySize  340 270
   HorizSync    31-82
   Identifier   "Monitor[1]"
   ModelName    "1280X1024@75HZ"
   VendorName   "--> LCD"
   VertRefresh  58-75
EndSection

Alex Deucher wrote:
> On 1/6/06, Sebastian von Swiontek-Brzezinski <svs@talicom.de> wrote:
>> Hi Axel,
>>
>> i attached my xorg.log. I'm still using xorg 6.8.2 and the monitorlayout
>> option.
>>

> what does you the monitorlayout section of your config look like (I
> seem to have lost your previous email)?  you log looks fine.  are you
> using RightOf or LeftOf, etc.?
>
> Alex
>
>> Sebastian.
>>
>> Alex Deucher wrote:

>>> yes, the bios and the x server program the hardware differently.  the
>>> X server saves the state of the hardware prior to programming it
>>> itself, so when you switch VT's the state gets saved and restored.
>>> can you post your Xorg log with the monitorlayout option? something
>>> else might pop out.
>>>
>>> Alex

--------------080107030004060501020709

begin:vcard