[ltp] Setting up the trackpoint

Eric Van Buggenhaut linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 11:32:08 +0100

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 02:05:17PM -0500, Stephen Evanchik wrote:
> On 1/6/06, Torsten Wolf <t.wolf@tu-bs.de> wrote:
> > On Fr, 06 Jan 2006, Eric Van Buggenhaut wrote:
> >
> > >Do you know how to enable middle_btn ? I don't have such entry:
> > >
> > ># ls -l /devices/platform/i8042/serio0/serio2/middle_btn_disable
> > >ls: /devices/platform/i8042/serio0/serio2/middle_btn_disable: No such
> > >file or directory
> >
> > Alas, there is no such file here too, and I have no clue how to get it.
> >

> The TrackPoint psmouse driver extension doesn't export the middle
> button disable register to userspace. This was done in an effort to
> reduce the number of configuration options exported.
>
> Is there a reason you want to disable the middle button on your TrackPoint?

No, basically I'd like to _enable_ it and the webpage mentioned at the
beginning of the thread reads
(http://thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_configure_the_TrackPoint):

Scroll emulation should now be handled in the X server. First do:

  # echo -n 0 >
  # /sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio0/serio2/middle_btn_disable

    Then, for versions of Xorg since ~Oct '04, add these lines to your
    TrackPoint configuration section in /etc/X11/xorg.conf:

      Option          "EmulateWheel"          "on"
      Option          "EmulateWheelButton"    "2"

Should the wiki be updated ?

--
Eric VAN BUGGENHAUT
Eric.VanBuggenhaut@AdValvas.be