[ltp] T60 Preview (No!!!! Not Windows Buttons!!! Take Them Away!!!!)

Kris Steenhaut linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 09 Jan 2006 20:30:59 +0100

> Now I am glad that I bought one of the last thinkpads designed by ibm...
> It seems to be the beginning of a long friendship with my R50e.
> f*ck lenovo. They really know how to spoil those poor thinkpads... :'-(

I would like to invite to take a more mature point of view. The spoil is
on the IBM side, as that firm turned it's PC department included the
the Thinkpads into  a high loss department.

As I told already before, remember the PS/2, the IBM proprinter, the IBM
hard disk (remember too, the HD was invented by IBM), OS/2, the famous
IBM keyboard, Lotus Smartsuite (giving it's death rattle now].

We better face it. The TP era is over and we are the last of a kind. And
other than that, when the deal with IBM will be expired, Lenovo laptops
(Thinkpad) will be as any other laptop: a device stuffed with gadgets,
forcing you to purchase every 3/4 years a new one coz important parts
(such as the battery) won't be available anymore.

And, as you all sure have seen now, it has already started. Final death
easely can be forseen 4.5 years from now. (((-: