[ltp] T60 Preview (No!!!! Not Windows Buttons!!! Take Them Away!!!!)

The Maxx linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 16:35:18 -0300

------=_Part_16720_10787387.1136835318533

That was deep... and painful.
Max
Chile
On 1/9/06, Kris Steenhaut <kris.steenhaut@hccnet.nl> wrote:

> > Now I am glad that I bought one of the last thinkpads designed by ibm..=
.
> > It seems to be the beginning of a long friendship with my R50e.
> > f*ck lenovo. They really know how to spoil those poor thinkpads... :'-(
>

> I would like to invite to take a more mature point of view. The spoil is
> on the IBM side, as that firm turned it's PC department included the
> the Thinkpads into  a high loss department.
>
> As I told already before, remember the PS/2, the IBM proprinter, the IBM
> hard disk (remember too, the HD was invented by IBM), OS/2, the famous
> IBM keyboard, Lotus Smartsuite (giving it's death rattle now].
>
> We better face it. The TP era is over and we are the last of a kind. And
> other than that, when the deal with IBM will be expired, Lenovo laptops
> (Thinkpad) will be as any other laptop: a device stuffed with gadgets,
> forcing you to purchase every 3/4 years a new one coz important parts
> (such as the battery) won't be available anymore.
>
> And, as you all sure have seen now, it has already started. Final death
> easely can be forseen 4.5 years from now. (((-:
> --

The Maxx

------=_Part_16720_10787387.1136835318533

quote">On 1/9/06, <b class=3D"gmail_sendername">Kris Steenhaut</b> &lt;<a h=
ref=3D"mailto:kris.steenhaut@hccnet.nl">kris.steenhaut@hccnet.nl</a>&gt; wr=
ote:
b(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">&gt; Now I=
 am glad that I bought one of the last thinkpads designed by ibm...<br>&gt;=
 It seems to be the beginning of a long friendship with my R50e.
view. The spoil is<br>on the IBM side, as that firm turned it's PC departme=
nt included the
already before, remember the PS/2, the IBM proprinter, the IBM<br>hard disk=
 (remember too, the HD was invented by IBM), OS/2, the famous<br>IBM keyboa=
rd, Lotus Smartsuite (giving it's death rattle now].
. And<br>other than that, when the deal with IBM will be expired, Lenovo la=
ptops<br>(Thinkpad) will be as any other laptop: a device stuffed with gadg=
ets,
r>(such as the battery) won't be available anymore.<br><br>And, as you all =
sure have seen now, it has already started. Final death<br>easely can be fo=
rseen=20
4.5 years from now. (((-:<br>--<br>The linux-thinkpad mailing list home pag=
e is at:<br><a href=3D"http://mailman.linux-thinkpad.org/mailman/listinfo/l=