[ltp] T60 Preview (No!!!! Not Windows Buttons!!! Take Them Away!!!!)

Macskassy Csaba linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 09 Jan 2006 21:29:52 +0100

> On 1/9/06, Kris Steenhaut <kris.steenhaut@hccnet.nl> wrote:
>>
>> > Now I am glad that I bought one of the last thinkpads designed by
>> ibm.. .
>> > It seems to be the beginning of a long friendship with my R50e.
>> > f*ck lenovo. They really know how to spoil those poor thinkpads...
>> :'-(
>>

>> I would like to invite to take a more mature point of view. The spoil is
>> on the IBM side, as that firm turned it's PC department included the
>> the Thinkpads into a high loss department.
Well, I as a customer do not really care about who spoiled it. I just know
that until now tp-s have been _the best_ notebooks ever made. With the
taking over of the production of tp-s there comes great responsibility. It
seems that Lenovo is just not aware of that.

>> As I told already before, remember the PS/2, the IBM proprinter, the IBM
>> hard disk (remember too, the HD was invented by IBM), OS/2, the famous
>> IBM keyboard, Lotus Smartsuite (giving it's death rattle now].
These are sad stories.

>> We better face it. The TP era is over and we are the last of a kind. And
>> other than that, when the deal with IBM will be expired, Lenovo laptops
>> (Thinkpad) will be as any other laptop: a device stuffed with gadgets,
>> forcing you to purchase every 3/4 years a new one coz important parts
>> (such as the battery) won't be available anymore.
>>
>> And, as you all sure have seen now, it has already started. Final death
>> easely can be forseen 4.5 years from now. (((-:
And this is horror.

--
Macskassy Csaba
bitumen@tuxworld.homelinux.org