[ltp] running from ram

Aaron Mulder linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 17:40:56 -0500

I once tried doing serious development work with all my code and
libraries on a RAM disk and it didn't make any noticeable difference
-- if you have that much RAM, all the relevant files appear to be
cached anyway.  I haven't tried running the kernel and so on from a
RAM disk, but I'm not sure the difference would be that stunning.

Aaron