[ltp] T60 Preview (No!!!! Not Windows Buttons!!! Take Them Away!!!!)

Kris Steenhaut linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 10:00:31 +0100

Richard Neill schreef:

>The Maxx wrote:
>

>>That was deep... and painful.
>>

>Is there anything we can *do* about this? Lenovo may not be amazing -
>but they are surely not fools. If the geek market is large enough,

It sure wasn't large enough for IBM. Remember, the PC department of
which the Thinkpad was the only remain, that department was high in the
red. Exactly the reason why IBM sold it out.

So, do you think it could happen a firm would continue a production line
that renders losses instead of benefits?
I don't think so.
Anyway, we don't have to ponder about. IBM sold out end of May last
year, and now, 7 months later, we already see the beginning. Logical, as
a firm doesn't want to make losses. Even when it is a Chinese firm.

We have to redefine a bit our perception of the case. Lenovo didn't take
over, no, on the contrary, IBM sold out. That's a World of difference.

--
Groeten uit Gent,

   Kris