[ltp] T60 Preview (No!!!! Not Windows Buttons!!! Take Them Away!!!!)

James Knott linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 19:45:09 -0500

Macskassy Csaba wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jan 2006 10:00:31 +0100, Kris Steenhaut
> <kris.steenhaut@hccnet.nl> wrote:
>>
>> We have to redefine a bit our perception of the case. Lenovo didn't
>> take  over, no, on the contrary, IBM sold out. That's a World of
>> difference.
> Not for the user! We are the ones who won't be able to buy proper
> notebooks, so we are the ones who suffer. I think it doesn't matter
> whos  fault it is...

One thing a lot of people tend to for get, is that a company's primary
responsibily is to it's owners, not it's customer.  While IBM had a
great product, they decided they could better invest their money elsewhere.

It's now up to Lenovo to determine the future of the product, though
there may be some contract terms that limit them.