[ltp] T60 Preview (No!!!! Not Windows Buttons!!! Take Them Away!!!!)

Matthew Garrett linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 22:03:19 +0000

On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 05:39:34PM -0300, The Maxx wrote:
> May this be heresy in this list but, did you see this http://www.apple.com/
> macbookpro/
> It was announce in the MacWorld 2006.

A machine that's heavier and slower than a T60? It swaps the WWAN
capability for a built-in camera, so I guess it depends on what you want
to do with it.

(I'm not convinced by this bitching about Lenovo right now. If the
reality of the X60s matches the claimed specs, it sounds awfully like a
best of breed laptop - light, fast and better battery life than any
previous Thinkpad. Will the build quality be dreadful? Perhaps. Will all
future Thinkpads effectively be rebadged Dells? Maybe. But we don't
actually know yet, and won't for a while.)

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59@srcf.ucam.org