[ltp] Xorg 6.9.0 freezes on a T41p after a Debian update (unstable)

Carlos Moffat linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 09:31:34 -0500

--=-nXnQA4omDYDpHH/fTyNw

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 12:32 +0100, Nils wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I tried 6.9.0.dfsg-1.3 from debian unstable today, but I've the same prob=
lems.
> Is anybody out there with a working configuration (e.g. with gentoo) ? Is=
 it a=20
> debian specific problem ?
>=20

The Debian ChangeLog doesn't mention the radeon driver, so we need to
wait for the problem to be solved. I saw similar bug reports in Novell
(SuSE, I'm  guessing) and at freedesktop.org, so we're not alone, if it
is any consolation.

Somebody mentioned in this list you can downgrade xserver-xorg and get a
working radeon driver again, although probably without the benefits of
the new driver, like the fn-f7 screen switch I really want.

Cheers,
Carlos

> regards,
> Nils