[ltp] Confused about IBM acpi and the MiniDock

Stefan Schmidt linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 12 Jan 2006 13:31:18 +0100

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG

Hello.

On Thu, 2006-01-12 at 10:07, JP Renaud wrote:
>=20
> However, I am a bit confused on how to use /proc/acpi/ibm/dock ...
> I run gentoo with ibm-acpi 0.11 and kernel 2.6.14. My Thinkpad is a R51=
=20
> (1829-9MG).
>=20
> When i boot my TP R51 docked (or undocked actually) I get:
>=20
> # cat /proc/acpi/ibm/dock
> status:         undocked

This feature does not work with a MiniDock. Quote from ibm-acpi
README:

--- snip ---
There is no support yet for PCI devices that may be attached to a
docking station, e.g. in the ThinkPad Dock II. The driver currently
does not recognize, enable or disable such devices. This means that
the only docking stations currently supported are the X-series
UltraBase docks and "dumb" port replicators like the Mini Dock (the
latter don't need any ACPI support, actually).
--- snap ---

For me it works with the Thinkpad Dock II at work, but not with
MiniDock at home.

regards
Stefan Schmidt

--OgqxwSJOaUobr8KG