[ltp] r50e: ttyS0 is a NS16550A

Konstantin Filtschew linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 14 Jan 2006 10:08:14 +0100

--=-8rbhvvcxj89xrMEDOPp9

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 21:26 -0500, James Knott wrote:
> Dan Jacobson wrote:
> > I've always wanted a serial port on the r50e.
>=20
> Why not get one of those cheap USB - serial port adapters?

I wouldn't recommend an USB - serial port , get a pcmcia solution. They
work better and the most important thing ist, they get enough
voltage/ampere out to use them like a normal build in serial port (for
example for industrial use).

Greetz

Konstantin Filtschew

--=20
Building an operation system without source code,
is like buying a  self assemble space shuttle without
instructions.

--=-8rbhvvcxj89xrMEDOPp9

--=-8rbhvvcxj89xrMEDOPp9--