[ltp] Suspend to ram on T41p

k-epsilon@online.de linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 20 Jan 2006 16:10:06 +0100

Teemu Nikkilä wrote:
> I'm running SuSE 9.3, kernel 2.6.11.4-21.10-default on my T41p and everything
> works just fine apart from suspending to S3. I have acpi_sleep=s3_bios in the
> boot parameters and this way I can suspend and resume, but the machine then
> hangs after a while with the hard disk LED on. This seems to be a known
> problem (in ThinkWiki), but I could not find the reason for this nor a
> solution. I wonder if it is a BIOS, dsdt or distro related problem.

I am running SUSE 10.0 on a T41p and have no problems with suspend to
ram. My boot promt is:
acpi_sleep=s3_bios,s3_mode
Do you have installed the ati binary driver? Even with the latest
fglrx-driver my machine freezes after resume. IIRC you should remove
'acpi_sleep=' from your boot parameters if trying the fglrx-driver.