[ltp] vlock + suspend to RAM fails

Felix E. Klee linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 15:23:27 +0100

Suspend to RAM trouble:

* When my T41's screen is locked with "vlock -a", then I cannot suspend
   to RAM anymore ("echo mem > /sys/power/state" triggered by an ACPI lid
   event).

* Furthermore, when I unlock the system after a failed suspend to RAM
   attempt, then I cannot do a suspend to RAM anymore, until after a
   reboot.

* What's also interesting is that, after a failed attempt, when I shut
   down the system it goes into Suspend to RAM and I have to wake it up
   by pressing the FN key in order to finish up the shutdown.  I've not
   researched this problem properly, though.

Can anyone reproduce the problem?  What may be the cause?

My OS: Slackware 10.2

--
Felix E. Klee