[ltp] vlock + suspend to RAM fails

Daniel Maier linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 21:49:39 +0100

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 08:28:40PM +0100, Felix E. Klee wrote:
> > 15:43 <@formorer> und 63 ist das zauberwort "and 63 is the magic key"
>=20
> Yeah, this seems to be the trick.  May I ask what IRC channel on which
> server you were chatting on?  I'm interested in channels where one can
> discuss Thinkpad / laptop related issues.
This is a vlock related problem. The kernel(?) wants to switch to some
vt and stops suspending when thats not possible. vlock just prevents
the kernel from doing that.
I was just asking for an alternative to vlock, because I thought it
was a vlock related problem. Anyway, the channel is #linuxger on
IRCNet and it is not very Thinkpad related:)
> Anyway, my current suspend to RAM script:
Is this all you do for suspending? I have to reload several modules
and enable devices through PNP BIOS to make them work again.
> Now, I only wonder what will happen if the system is under high load
> when
> waking up: In this case the consoles may stay unlocked for a
> considerable=20
> amount of time, giving an intruder the possibility to read what's on=20
> screen, or perhaps even to get control of the system.
>=20
> Any idea how to avoid that?
You control what is done when suspending and waking up, so it should
be enough to do the locking first after waking up.

Regards, nusse.

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb--