[ltp] thinkpads and water

Mon, 23 Jan 2006 01:43:26 +0000

fire-eyes wrote:
> paul wrote:
>
>>Well, the inevitable happened this morning. I tipped a rather large cup of
>>water into my T40p during a scuffle with my dog and a joke with my wife.
>>This is something I never though could have happened to me. I was always so
>>careful. But I became one of those people this morning and I never saw it
>>coming.
>>
>>In what seemed like one cat-like motion, I hit the power button as I was
>>unplugging the AC and turning it over to release

I'm glad to hear it's OK. I think you were fortunate that it was pure
water. As I understand it, distilled water is OK [it's what the circuit
boards are washed in!]; tap water is not that evil if dried properly
(likewise with black coffee); but anything acidic (coke) or salty is
very destructive.

Richard