[ltp] thinkpads and water

paul linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 22 Jan 2006 21:19:56 -0500

------=_Part_20007_5351343.1137982796299

> I'm glad to hear it's OK. I think you were fortunate that it was pure
> water. As I understand it, distilled water is OK [it's what the circuit
> boards are washed in!]; tap water is not that evil if dried properly
> (likewise with black coffee); but anything acidic (coke) or salty is
> very destructive.
>
> Richard

I was more concerned about water hitting the motherboard while it was
powered on. I'm not sure it matters what the substance is at that point.
Though I have seen the same thing happen with  hot cocoa, and they weren't
as successful with the cleanup.

------=_Part_20007_5351343.1137982796299

204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; padding-left: 1ex;">I'm glad to =
hear it's OK. I think you were fortunate that it was pure<br>water. As I un=
derstand it, distilled water is OK [it's what the circuit
>(likewise with black coffee); but anything acidic (coke) or salty is<br>ve=
I was more concerned about water hitting the motherboard while it was
powered on. I'm not sure it matters what the substance is at that
point. Though I have seen the same thing happen with&nbsp; hot cocoa,
and they weren't as successful with the cleanup.<br>

------=_Part_20007_5351343.1137982796299--