[ltp] thinkpads and water

Torsten Wagner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 23 Jan 2006 15:44:10 +0100

Hi Everyone,

Yep, I can report that IBM (R51) resist Diet-Coke as well :D
I did similar as Paul here. And I agree with Paul if you have to make a
emergency operation to your digital buddy, send your wife shopping or
something else. This very intimate act requires absolute 100%
concentration as well as all your mental power and strength :)

During the time at which the damn coke searched a way across the
keyboard, I hit the power button, unplugged the AC adapter and turned
the Notebook over, all simultaneously !!! Please don't ask how I managed
this with with just two arms. However, I disassemble my 3-month old love
and starting to dry it with cotton buds and some ethanol.
Assembled everything- and .....

..... after some minutes of fear, tada it runs like before....

The good part on this: I was able to give a more then suitable reason to
my wife, why I have to open my brand new notebook. (I love to open my
new toys ;) ).

I think the only critical issue is the display, it will suck liquid
between the different layers and dry there, leave coffee, coke or
whatever between this layers.
I saw this happens to someones notebook with coffee. Now he is using a
coffee-colored background picture to cover this real speck ;) It works.....

Bye
Torsten