[ltp] ThinkPad X60

Alejandro Bonilla linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 23 Jan 2006 10:13:40 -0600

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 14:13:08 +0100, Dario Lopez-Kästen wrote
> Hello, I am new to this list and am a future ThinkPad user. I have
> just ordered a ThinkPad X60 to replace my old, and big, Dell
> Latitude C840.
>
> I am using gentoo at the moment and plan to continue to do so. My
> colleagues tell me that traditionally ThinkPads have been very
> Linux-firendly.
>
> Still, the X60 is a new machine, so I am curious about what kind of
> incompatibilities I should expect when setting up the machine.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> /dario

Dario,

The PC runs on a new "technology" but the hardware I think is fully functional.

1. Azalia sound or Intel HD sound is already supported so you should be all
good with that.
2. Graphics works too.
3. Maybe the only thing that does not have full code in, could be the CPU and
chipset, which in any case don't really need code for it to work. kernel
developers just make enhancements depending on the chipset (afaik)
4. Fingerprint reader and HDAPS(dunno if this is only on the T60) works too.
5. Find the problems and then try cathing up with us.

.Alejandro