[ltp] Firefox/Thunderbird filepicker solution

Mon, 23 Jan 2006 22:04:23 +0000

Marius Gedminas wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 22, 2006 at 07:09:18PM +0000, Richard Neill wrote:
>
>>P.S. Is it just me, or do other people agree that the new GTK filepicker
>>is an abomination?
>

> I like it better than the old Firefox one.  The hidden Ctrl+L shortcut
> that lets you type a directory name (with completion) is very
> convenient.

That is quite useful. Typical GNOME to make something like this
invisible though.

BUT, it still takes 25 seconds to appear! There's some sort of timeout
going on: nothing at all happens for 23 seconds, and then there is about
2 sec of disc/cpu activity. Subsequent times are much faster, until Fx
is restarted.