[ltp] Memory purchase from Crucial for T41p

Andreas Ntaflos linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 23 Jan 2006 23:29:29 +0100

--=-xKGdPQRNIfntJSggJqf7

Hello list,=20

I am considering buying another 512MB RAM for my T41p and wanted to do
so from Crucial. I am, however, a bit confused about the recommendations
Crucial gives me after running through the Crucial Memory Advisor Tool.=20

When selecting the Thinkpad model I can choose (among the many models
available) between Thinkpad T41p (Model 2379) and Thinkpad T42 (Model
2373). However my T41p is a *2373* (2373-GEG), so which one is
appropriate? Or doesn't it matter and the memory for a 2379 would be
compatible with a 2373 (and vice versa)? There seems to be a price
difference of about 3 dollars so I don't think they recommend identical
modules for the two Thinkpads.

Are there any T41p owners who bought RAM from Crucial? I'd appreciate
insight on this :)

Thanks in advance!

Andreas
--=20