[ltp] Re: Firefox/Thunderbird filepicker solution

Tue, 24 Jan 2006 12:16:01 +0000

Fionn Behrens wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 24.01.2006, 08:39 +0000 schrieb Richard Neill:
>

>>That's the odd thing. There is no activity (no disk, no cpu) for 25
>>seconds. Then it thrashes for about 2.
>

> I bet you have something like a stale nfs mount on your system. Those 25
> seconds (which I dont experience) sound like some kind of network
> timeout on a remote fs.
>
> br,
> 	Fionn

Yes...I'd have guessed that too. But I haven't. It really is a fairly
simple Mandriva 2006 install - and I have observed this on 2 systems.

I've just done what I should have tried earlier and straced it. It gets
stuck in  futex(0x...., wait, 5, NULL).  Unfortunately, I am not very
enlightened by this.

Richard