[ltp] Touch Pad Stopped Working

Bernhard Sputh linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 24 Jan 2006 12:44:48 +0000

--nextPart2153442.M0o3AOAhSM

On Tuesday 24 January 2006 08:07, Gurunandan R. Bhat wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The touchpad on my R52 has stopped working. It was working the night
> before and the next day it just stopped. It does not work in Windows
> either. And my BIOS setup screen does not include an option to activate
> or deactivate it.

The BIOS detects the presence of the touchpad, so it is most probably a=20
hardware issue. Either the touchpad is dead (I don't think so), or the=20
connector of the touchpad went out of its socket.=20

I had these symptoms when the service technician forgot to plug the touchpa=
d=20
into the motherboard. It is quite easy to fix, as the connector is in case =
of=20
the R50p under the keyboard, and I assume the same for the R52, just remove=
=20
the keyboard and then plug it back in again. Check the Hardware Maintenance=
=20
Manual for Your model on how to do it. It is available from IBM.

ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/39t2462.pdf

Cheers
Bernhard