[ltp] acpid battery events wake screen

Paul RIVIER linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 13:43:57 +0000

shorty wrote:

>Hi folks,
>	For some reason it seems that whenever my thinkpad recieves a battery
>event through acpid it wakes the screen up. This is annoying and I am
>concerned this is shortening the life of my backlight. I had kde
>installed at one time and this never happened. At the moment I am using
>xfce4 running debian. Whenever I plug or unplug, this also wakes the
>screen, although I cant remember if this used to happen or not. The
>screen blanks without problem with xscreensaver and also with the F3
>button. Ideas?
>
>Regards to all
>
>Glenn

i would advise you to look into your acpi scripts directory, probably
/etc/acpi/

in my power.sh, I can for example find :

        getXuser;
        if [ x"$XAUTHORITY" != x"" ]; then
            export DISPLAY=":$displaynum"
            su $user -c "xscreensaver-command -throttle" &
            xset dpms 0 0 120

so that is more likely to interact with dpms through such a script.

By the way, does it happen to you to plug / unplug your laptop and not
use it right after ?
Because I do that when I come back home, and when I carry it, it is
supended ... and if I plug it, I do not wake it up if I do not want to
use it ...
Similary, if I unplug it, i will probably want to suspend it right
after, if not already done ... so the screen would wake up as well :)

Paul