[ltp] Rescue and Recovery data destroyer

Ignacio Fernández Galván linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 17:42:55 +0100

Vaclav Stepan, 25-01-2006:

>> >Way a) Install the Linux bootloader to the /boot partition
>> >       and give the partition a boot flag. (This way the MBR
>> >       would be kept intact.)
>>
>> didn't test, too late :)
>
> R50e, dual-boot XP and Debian Sarge:
> This does not work, even when the partition was the primary
> one - maybe there is some limit like for LILO or such on
> the partition placement - I tried booting from hda3 starting
> at 20 GiB and never got over Missing operating system.

Didn't work with my R51 either. I had to copy the boot sector from the
/boot partition into a file in C:\ and use the Windows loader (so the MBR
should still be intact, but I've wiped out the recovery partition).
Setting a short timeout helps reducing the annoyance. I haven't tried
after updating the BIOS, but the "No OS found" message scares me; it's
working now, I better not touch it.

LLama Gratis a cualquier PC del Mundo.
http://es.voice.yahoo.com