[ltp] TP 600 dies of neglect and loneliness

Macskasi Csaba linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:56:16 +0100

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:45:21 +0100, Harry Popov <lz1bb@mail.bg> wrote:

> I had the same problem with my old Toshiba 3400CT. After long time
> unused I
> could not power it on. The CMOS battery was dead. As I could not find new
> one I switched the power suply on and the computer stayed several days.
> Perhaps that small battery was charged in some way and the computer was
> operational again. So try the BIOS battery first.

Is the bios-battery (usually CR2023) rechargeable? I don't think so... But
in older computers there can be other accus, not only the cheap CR2023
which is used nowerdays...

However, a non working accu can be responsible for the strange behaviour
of a notebook.
I don't know if there is a cmos-hw-reset-switch on the mainboard of your
notebook. If there is one, it is worth trying.

Regards,
Csaba

--
Macskasi Csaba