[ltp] r50e: admit fan never off more than 90 seconds

Macskasi Csaba linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 28 Jan 2006 00:02:06 +0100

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:03:49 +0100, Dan Jacobson <jidanni@jidanni.org>
wrote:

>>> Is it a fact of life in Thinkpad land that no matter how one
>>> configures their Thinkpad, one's pristine meditation chamber must
>>> still be marred by fan noise every few minutes, at least with model
>>> r50e?
>
> L> R51: No fan at all (except on startup while BIOS-POST) for 6 hours
>
> Well, OK, but what's the longest anybody has kept the fan off with the
> r50e?

I have an R50e. I must admit that under moderate load the fan turns on
every 10 minutes. However, since I have been useing the "ondemand"
governor everything is fine and there is hardly any fan related noise. By
the way, there is a 1,8ghz Pentium M in my notebook. The greatest thing
about a R50e is that there is a intel graphic chip which consumes far less
power than the ati-ones. Therefore the system is cooler.

Regards,
Csaba

--
Macskasi Csaba