[ltp] Re: UltraBay for dual boot

Kris Steenhaut linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 28 Jan 2006 10:08:27 +0100

Josh schreef:

>called an UltraBay and put the 40 GB drive from my
>broken Toshiba laptop in it, and then carry around two
>hard drives in the ThinkPad (after removing the CD/DVD

I had purchased a TP43 , type 2669-44G.

It wouldn't accept anything else than the exactly the same type 40 Gig
hitachi disk - not even other Hitachi (60 gig, 80 gig) weren't
accepted,  40 Gig disks from other brands weren't accepted either (((-:
(else came an error at boot, and apparently it didn't work well indeed).

Maybe Lenovo messed less around with other types TP43, but how are we
supposed to figure that out? Anyway, it looks to me Lenovo hardware is
tied to W* just as the hardware of any other mass producer.

--
Groeten uit Gent,

   Kris