[ltp] From Jiang: no suspend-to-ram after swsusp?

mario linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 28 Jan 2006 01:26:23 -0800 (PST)

not sure this applies to you, but are you logged into X via startx or via
[xkg]dm? I remember problems with Fn-3 on ubuntu because i was logged in
via startx and  /usr/share/acpi-support/power-funcs has code to determine
your X display in getXuser which uses finger to get your username.
It does something like:

user=`finger| grep -m1 ":$displaynum " | awk '{print $1}'`
if [ x"$user" = x"" ]; then
user=`finger| grep -m1 ":$displaynum" | awk '{print $1}'`
fi

I ended up adding:
if [ x"$user" = x"" ]; then
user=`finger| grep -m1 "*tt" | awk '{print $1}'`
fi

right after the above. A finger when logged in via startx looked like this
hence the above addition:
[mario@perky ~]$finger04
Login     Name       Tty      Idle  Login Time   Office     Office Phone
mario     mario     *tty1        5  Jan  6 02:04

Now, my lid function was never affected by this but i thought i'd throw it
in anyway.

mario;>