[ltp] Re: UltraBay for dual boot

lou linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 28 Jan 2006 05:48:44 -0500

On Saturday 28 January 2006 04:11, Kris Steenhaut wrote:
> Bullshit of course. Lenovo has hardcoded the serial number and specs of
> the inbuild original disk into the bios. That's why.

Not so sure about serial number because when I put another Fujitsu (same brand
as drive that came with machine) in the system, it works fine. I find it
interesting that purchasing a drive from Lenovo is quite a bit more $$$ than
from places like Newegg. Maybe the error message/trap encourages more sales
from them.

--

  Lou

    --- __@
   -- _-\<,_

"Hard work has a future payoff. Laziness pays off now."